Resources, Information And News
Community Action Agencies
A Letter From CAAP's Acting CEO
To the current and past staff at our member Agencies,
Thank you for being a part of the over 40-year history of CAAP serving the needs of its member Agencies by:
- helping to identify and sponsor professional training in anti-poverty areas;
- facilitating regular meetings of Community Action Agency leadership, staff and board members;
- serving as the conduit for resource development;
- advocating for public policy conducive to locally-developed goals of its membership;
- and promoting legislation and regulations which support economic opportunity efforts, community development and locally-designed strategies.
We're in this together and we at CAAP appreciate your dedication to the residents of Pennsylvania.
Daniel Leppo, CAAP Acting CEO
If you have any questions or requests, please reach out to Dan.
A Video About Community Action
I like to say that as an organization we don't do anything for anyone ... give them a fish they eat for a day, if you teach them to fish they eat for a lifetime, but with attitude added to it. - Alan Jennings, Community Action Committee of the Lehigh Valley