New Success Stories Every Month
The Agency Spotlight newsletters feature true stories about real people in Pennsylvania who partnered with their local Community Action Agency to solve barriers to their personal and financial well-being. They include:
- clients reaching and/or maintaining self-sufficiency;
- PA residents finding assistance that helped them through situational poverty;
- Agency programs and partnerships that positively affect local communities.
We hope their stories offer you hope to get help.
Spotlight On Northern Tier Community Action Corporation (NTCAC)
- Hope and her daughter, Summer, escape a domestic violence situation and seek temporary shelter in a friend's tool shed while working with Community Action to establish permanent housing and employment.
Spotlight On Allegheny County Department of Human Services (DHS)
- The Supports For Success Program participants are reaching self-sufficiency because of the Agency's CSBG funding supporting the administrator of the program, The Human Services Center Corporation (HSCC).
- She'Cholle is single mother of three children, two with disabilities to manage on a daily basis. She is a full-time college student that also works full-time, receiving ongoing emotional and mental health support from her Supports For Success Program Support Specialist. Watch She'Cholle's 2-minute Video Testimony (link on the newsletter).
- Keonna's inability to work outside of the home with her children home-schooling negatively impacted her finances, like many Pennsylvanians this past year. She is working on improving her overall financial well-being and achieving her education and employment goals. Watch Keonna's 5-minute Video Testimony (link on the newsletter).
Spotlight On Community Action Partnership of Cambria County (CAPCC)
- Rita Wasnick awarded the VCI Ed Cernic, Sr. Community Support Recognition Award for starting the Veteran Back Pack Project for homeless Veterans entering shelters and the Stuff The Boot Campaign aiding Veterans with emergency and critical financial needs.
Spotlight On Community Progress Council of York County (CPC)
- Roger and his son, Noel are 2nd and 3rd generation clients of Community Action in York County. Their story is about the commitment of nurturing the son's emotional needs with the support of the CPC Head Start program and the support Roger receives, enabling him to support his son and mother financially.
Spotlight On Lycoming-Clinton Counties Commission for Community Action (STEP), Inc.
The Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP): Two true stories of reduced utility costs and safer homes created for two residents through Community Action & WAP. Individuals and families secure and maintain safe, affordable, and energy-efficient housing. Community Action Agencies across PA assist residents in applying and completing the Weatherization Assistance, or similar programs, for their homes.
Spotlight On Lebanon County Community Action (LCCA)
- The Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP): Five true stories of how Community Action & ERAP are helping families face several Covid-19 burdens. Residents struggling to pay rent and utilities are getting financial assistance from Community Action Agencies in paying their rent and utilities.
Signup For CAAP's 4 Newsletters
Contact Charlotte Leckow if you would like to inquire or to suggest content to publish.
Contact Leslie McRobbie on the Education Bulletin Newsletter.
Contact Winslow Mason on the DEI Insights Newsletter.