New Success Stories Every Month
The Agency Spotlight newsletters feature true stories about real people in Pennsylvania who partnered with their local Community Action Agency to solve barriers to their personal and financial well-being. They include:
- clients reaching and/or maintaining self-sufficiency;
- PA residents finding assistance that helped them through situational poverty;
- Agency programs and partnerships that positively affect local communities.
We hope their stories offer you hope to get help.
Spotlight on Blueprints
- Programs Supporting Mothers: Two mothers overcome unique challenges through Blueprint's partnership and guidance. Teema is a mother of three breaking barriers and building a future for her family. Michelle is a new mother attaining the skills and knowledge she desires to become financially and personally self-sufficient. Learn about the many programs that support mothers. Find your local Agency to utilize programs at the Community Action Agency near you.
Spotlight on Berks County Action Program (BCAP)
The Teen Takeover Initiative is helping to reduce teen and youth violence in Berks County. Stephan Fain partners with community organizations to provide a free, safe place for teens to spend time.
Spotlight On Center for Community Action
- Food drive and pantry partnership with the Shop With A Cop initiative helps to ease food insecurity in Bedford County. Stuff The Truck and Saxton Area Food Drive are feeding over 200 PA residents experiencing food insecurity or living in a food desert.
Spotlight On Fayette County Community Action Agency (FCCAA)
- Volunteers and Master Gardeners are united to offer fresh food access and community garden opportunities to residents in Fayette County.
Spotlight On Community Progress Council (CPC)
- Anayancy Gutierrez came to York County from Mexico with a dream to become independent and give her family a more secure future. Anayancy believes that education is the key to her family’s success in America.
Spotlight On Central Susquehanna Opportunities, Inc. (CSO)
- Kim is a single mother employed at a local preschool center. Undergoing cancer treatment while choosing between paying bills and expenses like school photos is a reality for some people, like Kim, during COVID-19.
Past Agency Spotlights Newsletters
Signup For CAAP's 4 Newsletters
Contact Charlotte Leckow if you would like to inquire or to suggest content to publish.
Contact Leslie McRobbie on the Education Bulletin Newsletter. (for CAAP members only)
Contact Winslow Mason on the DEI Insights Newsletter.